We are a 501 (c) 3 organization so any donation you chose to make is tax deductible. We do not receive any money from Charlotte Douglas Airport or the City of Charlotte.
You might be wondering why we ask for donations:
- We provide emergency, financial support to the 110,000 passengers using the airport daily who don’t realize the expenses of airline travel and the 10,000 employees who need temporary financial help.
- Are relationship with the Airport is that of a “tenant”. This means meeting a monthly rent payment and having to carry liability insurance.
- We provide Care Notes and Rosaries in the chapel.
- We maintain a subscription for Sunday liturgy aids.
- Volunteer chaplains are asked to complete training in critical incident situations. We pay for the tuition.
- We provide business cards and identification badges to volunteer chaplains.
Our dreams are to provide:
- stronger financial support to travelers and employees.
- a small stipend for our chaplains to at least cover gas expenses.
- a stipend to ministers who are willing to become permanent members of the team on a part-time basis.
Today’s revenue stream comes from local church donations and the “free-will” offering at our three Sunday services. Please support us. Checks can be mailed to:
The Airport Chaplaincy at Charlotte Douglas Airport
5501 Josh Birmingham Pkwy
Charlotte, NC 28208
You can also click on the Pay Pal link below to make a secure donation.